Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's Off to Kentucky I Go


I am flying out to Kentucky for a quick three day trip. I made my new favorite beef stew to bring along. It is from Cooking Light magazine and is called Beef Daube Provencal. This stew is really amazing. It calls for beef broth but I just substitute my home made chicken broth (which I make, pour into ice cube trays, freeze, and then store in plastic bags). It also calls for serving the stew over egg noodles which, of course, I omit. It also calls for canned tomatoes but I am sure you can jut cut up your own.

At the very end of the cooking process I add sliced mushrooms and frozen peas as well. This stew is the best you will ever have.

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Keep us hanging ... what kind of wine did you choose? :)

Jasmine said...

Hi, Jilluck - I've nominated you for this mini-meme :)