- Charge Blackberry
- Leave hubby flight and hotel information
- Bring book on tape (I am listening to Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet and LOVING it). I will be sitting in a lot of LA traffic so this will help pass the time.
- Bring real book (I am reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. It is a great book and this is my second time through)
- Freeze lunchboxes (my lunchboxes are used to carry my yogurt and beef stew in my checked luggage. They have built-in blue ice and I also throw in an extra blue ice just in case)
- Pack vitamins (multi-vitamin, probiotics - in case I miss my yogurt, vitamin D, and fish oil)
- Pack tea (green and peppermint but sometimes raspberry leaf which I am not sure is SCD legal)
- Crackers (from Healing Foods cookbook)
- Cookies (from Lucy's Kitchen cookbook)
- Mug (to heat-up my stew as I am trying to get away from heating plastic in the microwave)
The best news is that I am only half a mile from Whole Foods and I can usually find something legal there. I also have a fridge and microwave in my hotel room. Now if I could only find a solution to the LA traffic....
- Meaty Turkey Bolognese over zucchini pasta. This recipe is from Giada on the FoodNetwork but I make it with cooked ground turkey instead. I also make Giada's marinara sauce. It is hands down my favorite sauce. I enjoy it over the zucchini pasta which I make with my mandolin. I cover it in freshly grated Parmesan cheese. I could eat this every day and cooked tomatoes are ultra good for you. I heard you should try for 10 tablespoons a week or so. When making sauce I do use italian tomatoes because I have heard that they MUST disclose all ingredients (unlike the United States). However, if you want to be 100% sure that you are SCD legal then you can always make your own marinara from real, fresh, summer tomatoes and freeze it.
- Provencal beef stew with carrots, peas, fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Chicken stir fry with tons of veggies
- This morning my husband made me a delicious omelet from the stir-fry leftovers. He is a crafty guy.
- Tonight's farewell dinner will be SCD lasagna from Grainfree Gourmet. Their new cookbook is out and I cannot WAIT to get it.