Wednesday, March 26, 2008

SCD Artichoke Dip - Seriously!

My sister-in-law made this dip for a family party. I adapted it to be SCD Legal and added a few other ingredients. I brought the dip to a relative's house on Easter and everyone wanted the recipe.

I enjoy this dip with the Cheddar Crackers from the Healing Foods cookbook. If you have not tried these yet then you are really missing out. They are my new FAVORITE SCD snack. I eat them with guacamole, salsa, cheese, and now this new dip. They are super easy to make once you get the hang of it. Also, I noticed that Raman Prasad has some Chile-Lime crackers in his new fabulous SCD cookbook. I am going to try those next.

SCD Artichoke Dip

- 3/4 cup SCD mayo
- 1 cup Parmesian Cheese
- 14oz Can Artichokes (drained and chopped)
- Dash SCD Garlic Powder
- 2 tbs Parmesian Cheese
- Diced Tomato
- Diced Avocado (do not dice until you are ready to add to the dip or they will brown)

Mix first 4 ingredients together and spread in a baking dish. Sprinkle Parmesian cheese on top. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Check to see if it is lightly browned.

Remove and let cool a bit. Add chopped tomatoes and avocado to the top and serve with the SCD crackers.

HEAVEN

1 comment:

Amy McKenna said...

That sounds amazingly delicious! I'm going to make it ASAP. Thanks! :)