Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Green Tea, SCD, & Me


Just back from skiing and will post on that later but in the meantime I thought I would include a short blurb on green tea so here it goes....

I love green tea.

In my past life I drank coffee and black tea.

I no longer tolerate these lovely beverages.

A girl needs a little caffeine in her life.

In my case it really is only a little that is needed.

1-2 cups of green tea is permitted on the SCD (if symptom free).

Thankfully I am symptom free and enjoy my green tea daily.

EGCG, a component of green tea, may help inhibit TNF alpha.

Remicade also inhibits TNF alpha.

I will stick with Green Tea for now but am thankful that Remicade exists in the event I ever need it.

Go green Tea.

Go SCD.

Breakfast- SCD yogurt with Banana and honey

Lunch- Roast chicken with veggies and pureed butternut squash

Dinner- Hearty meat sauce with SCD crackers - though I usually like this with Raman's Foccacia!

Picture- Green Tea

5 comments:

Fedred Blackworker said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

Nutty Meatfruit said...

OMG, those cookies with the pecans at top left - can you share your recipe? YUM!

dawn said...

Go SCD! I agree!

I'm a regular reader of your fabulous blog. I just added an SCD section to my family blog.

You've got a great attitude, I'm glad you're doing so well.

Hey, I used to live in Halifax, but now we're in Hartford. I think you are in Plymouth? Your little hospital once saved my life!

The Adventure Begins.... said...

Nutty Meatfruit- These are the Cinnamon cookies in Lucy's cookbook. They are my favorite and I am making them this morning to take with me to California on Monday.

Dawn- I would love to see your blog! Let me know the next time you are in Massachusetts.

Green Tea said...

Nice post, thanks for sharing this wonderful and useful information with us.

Green Tea Weight Loss