Thursday, October 18, 2007

The BIG Apple!


Well I feel like a big apple after how many I have eaten this week. They are in season after all and what a tasty, healthy, portable, snack. I just love them. No wonder Eve couldn't resist. What? You're eating apples you say? That's right. Last week was all about diluted apple juice and apple sauce but this week I am back to the real thing people!

It is a great thing. I have a whole new appreciation for SCD. Deprived on SCD? That is absurd. I am deprived when flaring and not eating anything at all or "feasting" on chicken broth and DCCC. I am most certainly not deprived when enjoying the wide variety of foods that I have had this week including scrumptious cranberry pork tenderloin from scdrecipe.com, chicken and beef stir fries with loads of fresh veggies, strawberries, bananas, apples, eggs, cheeses, olives, and Parmesan garlic crackers. THAT is not deprivation. It is extravagance.

Well, tomorrow I am off to the real big apple. That's right. My husband and I are heading down to Manhattan with my mother and father in-law, my favorite uncle Bob, and our good friend Chris. We are going to see the Broadway show Mama Mia on Saturday night and explore the city the rest of the time. I already did a a search of area restaurants so I know basically where we will be eating dinner but I am bringing lots of goodies for snacks and lunch including:


  • Peanut butter and (you guessed it) apples
  • Crackers and cheese (SCD crackers of course)
  • Hard boiled eggs
  • Bananas
  • Almonds
  • Sunflower seeds
  • Strawberries
  • Raspberries
  • Yogurt
  • Apple sauce
  • SCD ketchup
  • SCD cocktail sauce
  • Homemade salad dressing

So with that I think I will be all set and ready to adventure to the big apple. See you in a few days.


Breakfast- Yogurt with bananas and honey

Lunch- Two apples with peanut butter (work has been CRAZY)

Dinner- Stir fry with grass fed beef, carrots, peas, zucchini, summer squash, peppers, peanut oil, sesame seeds and garlic


PICTURE- Dinner!

No comments: