Monday, October 8, 2007

An Apple a Day Keeps the "Mondays" Away


Did you know that apples provide natural sun protection and are a member of the rose family?
If an apple a day kept the "Mondays" away I would be all set for some time. As you can see, I have amassed quite a few apples lately. My mom went apple picking with her friend, my husband loves Granny Smith apples, and I cannot resist a Red Delicious. Apples in the raw and apples with peanut butter are both trusty snacks but I want to do something different with all of these nutritious treats.

I think I will make my husband the Apple Galette from Grain-free Gourmet. It seems simple enough to do on a work night and will surely satisfy my current craving for a warm sweet dessert. Plus I owe him for drawing me a bubble bath after my super long day at work today. This is the goal for tomorrow night.
Wish me luck.

Breakfast - Organic smoothie with SCD yogurt, raspberries, honey, and vanilla
Lunch- Feeling a little "off" today so stuck with more yogurt for lunch along with a banana
Dinner- Grilled swordfish and sauteed spinach with garlic and olive oil
PICTURE- My Bounty

No comments: