Sunday, September 9, 2007

Star Struck


Wow what a weekend! It all started Friday night when I attended the Gottschall Autism Center's Fundraising Gala. It was quite an extraordinary event. The entertainment was top notch and there was even an SCD buffet! The buffet included all SCD safe foods like salad, fruit, schrod, a carving station with turkey and cranberry sauce and LOTS of SCD desserts by the SCD Bakery.

But best of all I was star struck by all of the SCD celebrities like Jill Rainville from the SCD Bakery (who I sat with), Pam Ferro of the Gottschall Autism Center, Elaine’s daughter Judy and even Raman Prasad of the scdrecipe.com website and Adventures in the Family Kitchen cookbook (one of my personal SCD heros).

Between the yummy SCD food, the fabulous entertainment, and meeting all of the SCD celebrities, I was walking on air all weekend!

On Saturday I spent the day with my whole family at my mother’s pool. We had really good weather and it was a chance to enjoy the last days of summer. Saturday night we enjoyed another New England feast of steak tips on the grill, lobster, and basil/cucumber/tomato salad with oil and vinegar.

Today my two nieces (ages 9 and 19 months) accompanied me to a friend’s son’s second birthday party. We all had a wonderful time but as soon as I arrived home I knew that I had better write this post early because I wouldn't be awake for much longer. It was a great weekend but now I am ready for a great night’s sleep.

Breakfast- SCD Yogurt with honey

Lunch- Leftovers from the BBQ and some nice strawberries and pineapple at the Birthday

Dinner- An omelet with Havarti and spinach and some green apples for dessert (oh yeah- and some more of my banana & date ice cream)

No comments: