Monday, September 24, 2007

Flaunting my Cookies


Today I brought my homemade Cinnamon Pecan cookies to work for my co-workers. The cookies are from a recipe in Lucy's SCD Cookbook and I think they are absolutely fabulous. However, since I have not had any sugar in over a year I wasn't sure if they were as good as I thought they were.

Well, turns out others agree. Several people stopped by my desk to comment on the delicious cookies. I was proud to tell them that there was no white sugar or wheat flour in them. My co-workers seemed very happy with this bit of news as well.

Since the cookies were a hit I now feel that I must bring in my true favorite from Lucy's Cookbook... the Cinnamon Coffee muffins.

Breakfast- Organic SCD yogurt with raspberries, strawberries, and honey and a coffee roll from SCD Bakery
Lunch- Sage and carrot stew
Dinner- Slow simmered pork chops smothered with fennel, shallots, parsley, capers, and lemon zest in a tomato and white wine reduction
Snacks Throughout The Day- Banana bread from SCD Bakery, Cinnamon pecan cookies

PICTURE- Slow simmered pork chops (aka tonight's dinner)

No comments: