Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Wednesday, Thursday, HAPPY DAYS


Today was just my typical Tuesday which looks something like this...

6:10AM Rise & shine (hit the snooze button a few times and then lie in bed wondering what day it is)
7:15AM Set-out on my 50+ mile commute (I spend a lot of time listening to books on CD. Let me know if you have any suggestions!)
8:30AM Arrive at work
9:00AM My typical breakfast of SCD yogurt with some type of fruit (and tea)
work
work
work
work
5:30PM Set-out on the ride home (more books on CD)
6:30Pm Arrive home & start dinner
7:15PM Enjoy a nice SCD dinner

But TODAY was different! Or at least the last part.... My husband and I decided to divvy up the responsibility of cooking. I will cook on Mondays and Tuesdays and he will take Wednesdays and Thursdays. We'll leave Friday, Saturday, and Sunday open since we are oftentimes traveling around the state visiting friends and family. Now we always do about 50/50 in this area but it has never been "official" in terms of who is cooking on what day.

We had to switch nights this week (he traded me Tuesday for Thursday) as he has a work meeting that will run late. It was so nice to come home tonight to the mouth watering aroma of grilled pork chops.

Oh, and more good news. I received my letter from Papa Lena's Gourmet Food company stating that their Beet Chips are just beets, salt, and olive oil. Yeah!

Breakfast- SCD organic yogurt with strawberries, blueberries, and honey
Lunch- Pot roast
Dinner- Grilled pork chops with salt, pepper and Cayenne pepper along with broccoli and peppers grilled with olive oil - All courtesy of my lovely husband
PICTURE- Lime & Sea Salt Tortilla Chips from Eat Well Feel Well

No comments: