July 4th Party-
Several family and friends arrived for the 4th of July weekend to enjoy a parade and firework celebration. Here is the menu of SCD adapted recipes. If you are interested in any particular one please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will let you know which SCD cookbook contains that recipe.
- Artichoke Dip
- SCD Crackers, Brie, Cheddar cheese and Grapes
- Garlicky Humus
- Mexican Black Bean Soup (with melted cheese and "sour cream" aka SCD yogurt)
- Cheese Burgers
- Spinach, Apple, Raisin Salad with Gorganzola
- Basil Pesto with Zucchini Spaghetti
- Pork Ribs with BBQ sauce
- Mexican Meatballs
Cocktails & Dessert:
- Lemon Freeze Dessert
Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park-
The week after 4th of July my hubby and I headed to Bar Harbor, Maine where we spent a week strolling around the town and exploring Acadia National Park.
Lots of biking (14.5 miles), hiking (4 hours up and around a mountain), and kayaking (4 hours up the sound) called for refueling SCD style. Here are some meals that we enjoyed:
- Lots of SCD yogurt with fruit and honey
- Caramelized onion, mushroom and cheese omelet
- Poached eggs with sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes
- Cod wrapped in prosciutto with eggs over easy and spinach
- Cheese Burgers with avocado
- Snacks packed for hiking/kayaking adventures e.g. nuts, cheese, dried fruit, SCD crackers
- Salad with grilled chicken (marinated in olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper) and dry white wine
- Filet Mignon and grilled shrimp with a garden salad
- Garlicky shrimp and NY Sirloin topped with caramelized onions
- Black Bean Soup with all the fixings e.g., salsa, melted cheese, SCD sour cream
- Maine Lobster with drawn butter
- Baked Brie with SCD crackers and apples
Thanks to the SCD I am having a happy and healthy summer and I hope you are too!
PS. I have lots of pictures but am having difficulty downloading them. Will work on that.