Sunday, April 20, 2008

Uncle Bob

Everyone should have an Uncle Bob. I visited my in-laws this weekend and my uncle Bob made an SCD binder for each house in the family so that when I visit people will know what I can and cannot eat. He inserted tabs and included the Legal/Illegal list from the Breaking the Vicious Cycle website as well as our favorite SCD recipes. What a guy!

For dinner we celebrated the spring weather with shish kabobs made of chicken and beef (marinated in oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and spices), red and orange peppers, sweet Vadalia onions, and cremini mushrooms.

Appetizers were thick tomatoes layered with fresh basil, avocado, and drizzled with oil and vinegar (the non-scders had mozzarella instead of avocado).

Dessert was a fresh fruit platter with organic red grapes, fat strawberries, and juicy pineapple. We topped that off with a game of Trivial Pursuit and called it a night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about Saint Bob?