Monday, September 3, 2007

New England Labor Day Celebration


We had our Labor Day celebration last night at my in-law's house on the North Shore of Boston. We sat on their deck enjoying a traditional New England feast of lobster, steamers, buttery corn on the cob (for my non-SCD relatives) and avocado/tomato/red onion salad with olive oil and red wine vinegar for me.

Labor Day is great because it signals the beggining of perfect sleeping weather and we get an extra day off of work but I do tend to get a little touch of the "end of summer blues."

The good news is that Fall is my favorite season. Ever since elementary school it still means a fresh start, time to think about where I am and where I want to be, and perhaps some cozy new sweaters. But I especially look forward to all of those warm comfort foods that I love so much. Tonight I am going to make an SCD Shepherd's Pie and will post the recipe tomorrow (if it is worthy).

In the meantime, happy Labor Day!

Yesterday's Cuisine:

Breakfast- Organic Blueberry Smoothie and Green Tea with Ginger

Lunch- "Snackies" with the in-laws including apples with brie, Kalamata olives, cheddar cheese, red grapes, and shrimp sauteed in butter and garlic

Dinner- New England Labor Day Feast (see above)

No comments: