Sunday, September 16, 2007

Cinnamon Muffin of a Day


Today I woke up early and made the yogurt cinnamon muffins from Lucy's SCD Cookbook. If you follow the SCD then these phenomenal muffins are a must have. Each muffin has some sweet gooey frosting on top. While they are baking they make the whole house smell delicious.

Next I decided to slow cook a hearty pot roast. I started it at 10:30AM and cooked it for 9 hours on low. The slow simmering roast made the house smell like a rustic kitchen. The pot roast included carrots, sweet onions, crimini mushrooms, rosemary, white wine, crushed tomatos, and some other spices. We are going to have the pot roast for dinner tomorrow and for lunch during the week.

Later in the afternoon my husband and I met some friends of ours in Falmouth, Mass (on Cape Cod) to bike Woods Hole and the Shining Sea Bike trail. We think we did about 12 miles all together. It was a beautiful, clear, and crisp day for a bike ride and I felt very lucky to live in New England (but check back with me in February on that one).

At the end of the ride we biked to a local seafood restaurant where I enjoyed freshly caught shrimp, scallops, and swordfish sauteed with garlic and a little butter. Oh, and a nice dry Chardonnay.

When we arrived home tonight I took a long bath with lavender salts and drank some peppermint tea while reading my recipe books and thinking about all of the great recipes that I will make this fall.

Breakfast- Organic smoothie with SCD yogurt, bananas, blueberries, vanilla and honey
Snack- Two cinnamon muffins from the kitchen of Jilluck
Lunch- Salmon left-over from last night
Dinner- On the patio of the lovely restaurant in Woods Hole
PICTURE- Cinnamon Muffins

No comments: