Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back to the Basics!


Well Thursday was more than just a slump. My husband and I ended up with some type of food poisoning or virus. We are not sure what but we both had the same symptoms for the same amount of time (about 2-3 days). My husband NEVER gets sick so this was a rare occasion. At first I thought I was flaring but when he had the same issues I knew it must be something else. Either way I thought it safest to go back to the basics or, in SCD land, the introductory diet which consists mainly of strained SCD yogurt or Dry Curd Cottage Cheese, broiled meats, and SCD homemade chicken soup. I felt a little better on Saturday but still stuck to the intro. Today I am back to the full SCD again. Tomorrow off to Kentucky. I think I have finally figured out how to travel with my SCD yogurt and some beef stew. I will let you know how it goes.

Breakfast- SCD yogurt with banana and honey

Lunch- Portabella mushroom parmigiana with sweet basil marinara and melted Havarti (YUM) & homemade chicken soup

Dinner- Grilled NY strip steak, organic spinach, endives dipped in guacamole



No comments: