Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Very Napa Night

Last night we celebrated Uncle Bob's birthday (I won't say which one for fear of stiff penalties). Keith and Bruce hosted the event at their lovely home. Appetizers included chilled jumbo shrimp cocktail, fresh vegetables, my favorite roasted garlic with SCD crackers, and a very expensive goose pate that I was not sure I could eat (but Uncle Bob tells me it was superb). The main course was just as impressive with perfectly grilled vegetables marinated in red wine vinegar and olive oil, tender cuts of filet mignon, pork, and caramelized asparagus.

We also enjoyed several bottles of great wine which Bruce brought back from his trips to California. The Wisteria and grape leaves were in full bloom and I felt like I was sitting in a back yard in Napa Valley.

Thank you Keith and Bruce and Happy Birthday Uncle Bob.

No comments: