Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year 2008



It's a whole new year and my goal is to branch out in the SCD world and try some new dishes. It is so easy to just keep going back to those tried and true favorites but it's also imprtant to keep things new and exciting.

It seems like this is a perfect year to start exploring as the authors of Grainfree Gourmet have a new cookbook coming out in the spring and Raman Prasda just announced his new book.

Also, I have only just begun cooking up delicious treats from the new Healing Foods cookbook which has over 200 recipes. So far I have made the cheddar crackers (I cannot get enough of these things) and the crusty onion rolls that I enjoyed with a nice meaty bolognese sauce (WOW)!

There are so many other tempting recipes in this book that I am excited to try like Beef Stroganoff, Pecan Caramel Toffees, and the Pumpernickle Bread. I have lots of ideas and plenty of motivation. Now all I need is some time....

Breakast- Scrambled eggs with bacon
Lunch- SCD fruit smoothie with blueberries, banana, honey and vanilla extract
Dinner- We'll be cooking up some Cajun style Cod with carmelized onions and spinach

PICTURE- Our table on New Years Eve



No comments: