Sunday, December 16, 2007

Oh The Weather Outside is [still] Frightful...



"Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."

The weather outside is frightful. I woke up this morning determined to go grocery shopping, go to the gym, and finish my Christmas shopping before I have to leave for California this week (four days on business).

When I walked out into the living room and took a look out the window all of my plans came crashing down. We had a full snow storm last night again and the roads seem impassable right now.

The good news is:
1. I am going to go shopping after all via the wonderful world wide web
2. We do have wood for a nice deligtful fire
3. I can get in one last blog before my trip to Southern California.

The not so good news is that I will have to do all of my standard food preparation for the trip e.g., yogurt, beef stew, etc. tomorrow.

Oh well. I look at it as forced relaxation time.

Yesterday's Fare

Breakfast- SCD yogurt with honey and a blueberry muffin with butter
Lunch- Picked off of a buffet at a holiday party e.g., brie, gouda, cheddar, grapes, broccoli, carrot sticks, sliced cucumbers, yum
Dinner- Artic Char with lemon, thyme and butter. Out to eat with friends before going to see A Christmas Carol at our local play house.

PICTURE- More Snow!

No comments: